Tuesday 15 October 2013

Planning- Analysis of three music videos that influenced final choice


The three music videos that I have chosen for my influence for our music video choice are:
  1. Rihanna- Whats My Name- mise
  2. Keyshia Cole- Trust And Believe- editing
  3. Rihanna- Stay
I have chosen these three music videos as I believe they each contribute to influence on our final music video idea.

Camerawork: In Rihanna- Stay, I was inspired by the use of camerawork in this video as there are lots of close ups, high angles, extreme close ups and repeated shots. These type of shots have influenced us to use them in our music video as they are effective and a variety of shots and angles makes a video more interesting and creative and that is exactly what we want.

Shots from Rihanna- Stay video 

create animated gif
Mise-en-scene: In Rihanna- Whats My Name, I was influenced by the misc-en-scene in her video as she has lots of scenes in the city and in the street singing as that is the idea that we would like to use for our music video. She also in this video has parts set in a house that is what we want for one of our locations in our music video. I was influenced by the busy streets and fast past atmosphere of the city as that is what we want for our music video as our song is very up beat.


Shots from Rihanna- Whats My Name

gif maker













Editing: In Keyshia Cole- Trust And Believe, I was influenced by the fast paced editing and the flashback that she has right at the beginning of her video. These edits influenced us to use them in our music video as they would be creative and the fast paced edits would go with the song as the song is up beat. 

Shots from Keyshia Cole- Trust and Believe

how to make a gif at gickr.com











All 3 Videos:

No comments:

Post a Comment