Friday 29 November 2013

Skills development: new editing skills i've learned during editing

I've have learnt a lot of skills whilst editing our music video. I have learnt how to sync the original song on Final cut pro. The outcome of this was very successful as it was accurate to Jaleesa's movement of her mouth and it really looks professional as if Jaleesa is singing the song. 
fq1TcK on Make A Gif, Animated Gifs

I have also learnt how to add appropriate effects and transitions to the footage, I used this technique at the beginning of the clip where I used fast jump cuts and fades to avoid the wonky shots being obvious.
k6dczA on Make A Gif, Animated Gifs

When editing our music video, I realised that the night shoots looked really dark when projected. We were running out of time and there as no time to reshoot the location in the day so I had to fiddle around with final cut pro to make the footage lighter. This was very successful as it saved time (time to blog) and finish editing the rest of our video.
BIdXPM on Make A Gif, Animated Gifs


I also learnt things such as adding text and making the the song fade out, this was done at the end of the song.








No comments:

Post a Comment