Monday 30 September 2013

Research: Favorite Student Video


11. Baris Timur, Danny Porter, Sasha Powell, Mohammed Ali from 283goswell on Vimeo.

This is my favorite student video because it contains a lot of editing and camera works that I really enjoyed. I really liked how the whole video was in black and white because it helped explain the story to show of how the artist is reminiscing about her relationship. I  really, really enjoyed the editing where the artist is singing and in the background, it's her memory of herself and her boyfriend when they were together. The way that this video was put together, you could clearly tell that the group had planned it out thoroughly. I like the locations that were used and also, each location had its own outfit. It also had the artist looking directly at the camera which engages the audience and I liked that because I felt connected and you could also see her facial expressions which helped set a mood. A weakness for this video is that there are no close ups or extreme close up so we can see the artist up front. Even though she was looking into the camera to give eye contact, it would have been better is some of them were close up shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment