Thursday 12 December 2013

Digipack Planning


This is my planning for my digipack. I created this on paper and printed and stuck on my images onto the digipack panel template. When creating my plan, I was influenced by Eliza Doolittles' album cover as she had clouds as her album background. Our use of synergy was Jaleesa's braids and my original idea was to have Jaleesa whipping her hair. However, I was told that it would be impossible to cut around Jaleesa on photoshop so came up with a second plan. I then thought to just style Jaleesa's braids and have her hair coming down her front body. The colour scheme for my digipack is quite simple as I have used black and white for the font colour. I feel that these colours are simple and go correctly on the digipack as some bright colours have already been used. The artist is wearing bright clothing as she is wearing pink, orange and gold and the background of the album is bright blue. I feel that if i made a font green, pink, yellow etc, it'll make the album cover look a bit  childish which is out of its genre. I thought it would be nice to have our artist wearing something different to what she was wearing in her music video. This is because fans may want to keep up to date with Jaleesa's fashion trend so having a different costume is a good way for fans to be influenced. There are a few font changes on the digipack. This is where the songs are listed. I think that having a few different font styles matches our music genre which is house as house music is quite crazy. I have used different crazy font types to convey the genre.I think the layer of the song listings is very unique as most album covers have the song listing going down in order.
Here is the design for the CD. I was highly influenced by Drake's album cover as he also had clouds as his album background.
http://www.spin.com/sites/all/files/130822-drake-nothing-was-the-same-full-2.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment