Sunday 15 December 2013

Planning: Do's and Don'ts of design

These are a few things that I need to keep in mind when making my digipack.

Do's: 

  • I need to stick to a maximum of 3 colours when designing my digipack. I also need to ensure that they go well together.
  • Have no more than 2 fonts on the whole of the digipack. They also need to be clear and legible, and compliment. 
  • I must make sure that the pictures that I use are clear, and are also in focus. 
  • I need to follow the rule of thirds for composition.
  • I MUST not forget to include a barcode or the copyright information and record company logo on the digipack or I could be severely marked down. 
Don'ts: 
  • Never place any text over the artists face.
  • Don't use any fonts just because you like them. They must have a clear connection to the genre, and fit well with the digipak.
  • Never stretch an image to fit the panel. It will never look good and marks are easily lost by doing this.
  • Dont use any unescesary effects on the images or the text. 

No comments:

Post a Comment